Eagles fans prepare for Saturday's showdown
PHILADELPHIA - January 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- The battle we've all been waiting for is almost here - Eagles vs. Saints at Lincoln Financial Field.
Cleanup crews have already claimed a victory - clearing out mountains of snow from the Linc, and fired up Eagles fans are ready to play their role hoping to cheer their team on to the next round of the playoffs.
Fly Eagles Fly, and a big tomato pie. Marchiano Bakery in Manayunk was crowded with Birds fans who were making sure their game day parties have just the right flavor. Eagles flavor.
"I can't wait until we win and go to the super bowl," said Brian McCormick.
A parmesan emblazoned emblem, cheese steak bread with dyed green dough, or the game-day bread kielbasa sauerkraut. The bakery has been taking orders since the team made the playoffs and are promising an Italian hoagie special for next week if the Eagles win tonight.
"There is so much more excitement," said Daneen Marchiano. "It has been crazy in here. You can feel the vibe in the people, you can feel the vibe in our workers. We're fired up! We're ready for a win."
Victory would be sweet, just like these cannoli at Varallo Brothers Bakery in South Philadelphia.
"They're coming in for our famous pistachio cannolis because they are green. They are a hot seller," said Giovanna Boughanmi.
There are also cakes, cupcakes, and cases of different treats. But fans are hoping the only turnovers they see from Philadelphia are for dessert.
"We are going to get Eagles colored cannoli- green cannoli, and a few other items that are not necessarily Eagles, but definitely not any other team," said Lou Carboni.
From delicious spreads to the right threads, shoppers headed over to Modell's in South Philadelphia to update their look. From tank tops to t-shirts, the merchandise has been flying off the shelves all week.
"It's sold out everywhere," said Kristina Cassar. "We went to like three different places looking for some new eastern division stuff to wear for tonight."
"I definitely think we're going to win. Saints are going down," said Kate Scully.
They got their gear, they got their snacks, now all the Eagles fans are looking for is an Eagles victory.
philadelphia eagles, philadelphia news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 10 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 1 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!