2-alarm Camden fire displaces residents
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle a 2-alarm house fire in Camden in brutally cold temperatures.
It happened around 2:30 Saturday morning on the 1400 block of Norris Street.
Arriving crews were met with heavy smoke which quickly turned over to flames and spread to the second floor.
Smoke also spread to the adjoining home.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control.
Between both homes, seven people were displaced. They were also taken to Virtua Hospital as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
new jersey news, camden county news, camden news, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 9 min ago
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ