Water main break forces families from New Jersey hotel
ABSECON, N.J. - January 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- A water main break has forced the evacuation of a hotel in Absecon, New Jersey Saturday night.
Officials say a burst pipe sending water throughout the Knights Inn off Route 30.
Firefighters had to cut power to the building until repairs can be made. They estimate it could take days or even a week for the repairs to be complete.
The American Red Cross was called in to assist at least three families who were staying at the hotel on a weekly basis.
water main break, new jersey news, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 16 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 1 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
16 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
1 min ago