Water main break in Northeast Philadelphia, cold temps likely cause
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2014 (WPVI) -- A water main break in Northeast Philadelphia left 50 customers without water Sunday morning.
According to the Philadelphia Water Department, the break was reported at 9:09 a.m. along the 2000 block of Anchor Street.
Crews worked to repair the 6" water main.
Authorities say it is very likely that cold temperatures played a part in the break.
This is the 7th water main break reported this weekend.
philadelphia news, water main break, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 7 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ