Man tells police he accidentally shot girlfriend in the head
FRANKFORD - January 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man is facing serious charges after allegedly shooting his girlfriend in Philadelphia's Frankford section over the weekend.
It was approximately 3:38 a.m. Sunday when police responded to the 1400 block of Unity Street for a report of a shooting inside of a home.
Upon their arrival, officers were met by 36-year-old Roger Morrison who stated that he had accidentally shot his girlfriend.
The officers then went inside the home where they located the 26-year-old victim in bed with a gunshot wound to her forehead.
The woman was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Morrison was taken into custody without incident and charged with Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault, Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.
frankford news, philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 13 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire