Man struck, killed in Southwest Philadelphia hit-and run
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Southwest Philadelphia.
The hit-and-run accident happened around 6:20 p.m. Monday at Island Avenue and Lindbergh Boulevard.
Police say the man, believed to be in his 60s, was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
Police say they're looking for a dark colored sedan, but have not released a description of the suspect.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, hit and run, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 18 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose