9 water main breaks reported in cold temps
PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Officials say at least nine water main breaks have been reported in the Philadelphia area because of the freezing cold.
The Action Cam found one of the breaks on the 2900 block of Passmore Street in the city's Mayfair section .
A burst pipe caused 40 homes to go without service Monday night.
The water department arrived to the scene and was able to turn off the water.
Repairs are expected to be complete by Tuesday morning.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 6 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 5 min ago