9 water main breaks reported in cold temps
PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Officials say at least nine water main breaks have been reported in the Philadelphia area because of the freezing cold.
The Action Cam found one of the breaks on the 2900 block of Passmore Street in the city's Mayfair section .
A burst pipe caused 40 homes to go without service Monday night.
The water department arrived to the scene and was able to turn off the water.
Repairs are expected to be complete by Tuesday morning.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies