Man shot opening his door in West Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a 21-year-old man was shot opening his house door in West Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just before 1:00 a.m. on the 5300 block of Osage Avenue.
The victim was shot multiple times on the porch of his house after opening his front door, police say.
Police rushed the man to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Authorities say the victim was targeted when he was shot.
So far, there is no word on any arrests or motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ