Sprinkler system bursts, apartments evacuated in Deptford, NJ
DEPTFORD TWP., N.J. - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- A number of residents are out of their homes after a sprinkler system burst overnight at an apartment complex in Deptford Township.
Water flowed down stairways and froze in the 300 building of the Locust Grove Apartments on Club Drive.
Action News is told 12 of the 24 units in the building had to be evacuated.
Affected residents are staying with family and friends.
Images from the Action Cam at the scene showed slick conditions in the stairwell areas, and sheets of frozen water in the parking lot.
Management says it is working to help affected residents, and hopes to have them back in their apartments before the end of the day Wednesday.
new jersey news, camden county news, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 29 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 27 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 9 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos