Sprinkler system bursts, apartments evacuated in Deptford, NJ
DEPTFORD TWP., N.J. - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- A number of residents are out of their homes after a sprinkler system burst overnight at an apartment complex in Deptford Township.
Water flowed down stairways and froze in the 300 building of the Locust Grove Apartments on Club Drive.
Action News is told 12 of the 24 units in the building had to be evacuated.
Affected residents are staying with family and friends.
Images from the Action Cam at the scene showed slick conditions in the stairwell areas, and sheets of frozen water in the parking lot.
Management says it is working to help affected residents, and hopes to have them back in their apartments before the end of the day Wednesday.
new jersey news, camden county news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 8 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
35 min ago