Colorado woman gets 8 years in Pa. in jihadist plot
PHILADELPHIA - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Colorado woman who married an Algerian terror suspect and helped support his jihadist training has been sentenced in Philadelphia to eight years in prison.
Jamie Paulin-Ramirez is getting a break after helping the FBI investigate her husband and others, including a Pennsylvania woman who called herself "Jihad Jane."
Prosecutors sought a 10-year term because Paulin-Ramirez took her 6-year-old son to Ireland, where he endured physical abuse and was trained to be a warrior and kill non-Muslims.
A defense lawyer says the Leadville, Colo., woman had a troubled life before she fled to Ireland in 2009 to marry Ali Charaf Damache, whom she met online.
Damache is in custody in Ireland, fighting extradition.
Colleen LaRose, who called herself "Jihad Jane," was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison.
philadelphia news, terrorism, sentencing, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 13 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos