Man shot in attempted carjacking in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is critical after being shot during an attempted carjacking in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident happened around 4:25 p.m. Wednesday on the 7200 block of Horrocks Street.
Police say the 44-year-old victim was parking his car directly in front of his house, when he was approached by two men, one wearing a mask, who demanded his keys.
The men then shot the victim twice, but did not take his keys or car.
The victim was taken to Aria Health Torresdale in critical, but stable condition.
Police are reviewing private surveillance cameras and talking to witnesses to see if the suspects, that remain at large, were captured on tape.
philadelphia news, carjacking, shooting, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 38 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 41 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball