6 rescued in Chester fire, propane tank explosion likely cause
CHESTER, Pa. - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Six people were rescued from a burning house in Chester, Delaware County Wednesday night.
The two alarm fire broke out in a vacant two story house around 6:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Perkins Street.
The fire then spread to an occupied home.
Chester firefighters and neighbors rescued six people from the house.
Officials believe the fire was caused by a propane tank explosion.
No injuries were reported.
The fire was brought under control in an hour.
pennsylvania news, chester news, delaware county news, fire, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 7 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 6 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 54 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 13 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos