Police: Driver strikes vehicles then flees in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver struck two vehicles then fled the wreckage on foot in West Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The multi-vehicle crash happened around 10:30 p.m. near the intersection of 57th and Vine Streets.
Details are still being sort out but what we have learned is that a male driver struck the cars and then fled the area on foot.
There were occupants in the two vehicles but no one was seriously injured.
A police assist was called and a man fitting the description of the driver was located.
Police are now trying to determine if the man is the driver who fled the crash.
accident, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 45 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
55 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
45 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos