Pipes rupture at Mantua apartment building
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to an apartment building in the city's Mantua section after the pipes burst early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the 3800 block of Spring Garden Street.
Officials say the ruptured pipes in the sprinkler system caused some flooding on an upper floor in a converted church building.
Crews arrived to make repairs and no one was evacuated.
Officials believe the cold weather was a factor in the pipes bursting.
mantua news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 39 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos