Police: Boy, 8, victim of attempted robbery in Dover
DOVER, Del. - January 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating the attempted robbery of an 8-year-old boy in Dover.
The incident happened at the intersection of Scotch Pine Drive and Loblolly Pine Drive around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in Pinewood Acres.
Police say the child was walking home from a friend's house when the suspect approached and threatened to stab the boy unless he handed over money.
The boy turned to run away as the suspect lunged at him with a knife, police said. The child was able to get away and made it back home unharmed.
The suspect was seen getting into a white work van with tinted windows and driving away.
The suspect was described as a black male about 6' to 6'2" tall, weighing 150 to 180 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket with black pants and a black ski mask.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police at 302-697-2104.
delaware news, dover news, robbery, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 51 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 27 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 24 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 30 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 6 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
17 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos