Salem County attorney charged with theft, forgery
PENNSVILLE, N.J. - January 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- A well-known Salem County attorney has been charged with 10 counts of theft and 6 counts of forgery after being accused of stealing from his clients to feed a gambling habit.
Pennsville police have arrested 56-year-old Martin J Siegel of Mantua, charging him with stealing approximately $200,000 from at least 12 clients he represented in civil litigation.
He is being held on $226,000 bail.
Siegel has a law office in Pennsville.
Police believe there may be more victims.
Anyone with information should call Pennsville Police at 856-678-3089 ext 504.
new jersey news, theft, salem county news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 48 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 47 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 45 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 44 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 51 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 42 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 55 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
52 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
19 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
48 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
55 min ago