7-Eleven clerk robbed, shot 4 times in Pennsauken
PENNSAUKEN TWP., N.J. - January 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a 7-Eleven clerk was robbed then shot four times in Pennsauken Township, New Jersey early Friday morning.
The incident happened just before 1:00 a.m. at the convenience store located on the 6000 block of Westfield Avenue.
Police say it was the second armed robbery at that convenience store in recent months.
Police say three armed men burst into the store and grabbed cash from the register, cigarettes and cigars.
One of the suspects opened fire with a 40-caliber handgun, shooting 28-year-old Adil Boutahli four times before fleeing the store.
Sources say Boutahli is fighting for his life at Cooper Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
"He was complying with their orders, and at the end of the robbery, he was shot four times for no apparent reason," said Michael Probasco, Pennsauken Police.
Police say surveillance cameras caught the entire violent incident on tape. They are hoping the public will help identify the suspects.
Customers from the Pennsauken neighborhood stopped to express their concern for the 7-Eleven employee they had come to know.
"It's a shame," said James Downey. "Just take the money; you don't have to shoot somebody or kill somebody."
"They came and they couldn't just take the money, they had to shoot him too four times. They wanted him to open the safe," said Ed O'Brien.
Police say three men robbed another all night convenience store in neighboring Maple Shade, New Jersey.
Maple Shade police have three suspects in custody for that overnight robbery at the gas station Friday night, but so far, police have not been able to connect them to the 7-Eleven robbery in Pennsauken.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pennsauken Police.
new jersey news, camden county news, robbery, shooting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos