Einstein employee stabs co-worker in hospital in Olney, police say
PHILADELPHIA - January 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- An Einstein Medical Center worker is in custody after Philadelphia police say he stabbed a co-worker inside the hospital early Friday.
The incident happened after midnight inside the hospital located on North Broad Street in the city's Olney section.
Police say two male workers, a 46 year old and a 56 year old, got into an argument that ended when the older man stabbed the younger.
The victim suffered wounds to the hand, chest and shoulder after being stabbed four times.
He was rushed to the emergency room inside the hospital for treatment and is listed in good condition.
The attacker fled the hospital on foot.
Einstein security personnel and Philadelphia police officers gave chase and apprehended the suspect near the Broad and Olney SEPTA station.
The names of the men have not been released.
The hospital issued a statement, saying the attack "was an isolated incident that occurred in a non-patient care area. At no time were patients at risk. The suspect is in police custody...."
stabbing, olney news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 41 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 29 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 5 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 42 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos