Delco mom, son charged in underage NYE party
ASTON, Pa. - January 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County mom and her son have been charged with hosting a New Year's Eve party where dozens of underage teens were drinking.
"There was probably about 15 kids inside the house, kids under 21, and just alcohol everywhere," said Officer Mikell Jones, Aston Police.
Forty year old Rezephyr Fulton was taken to court in handcuffs Friday along with her son 19-year-old Vaughn Fulton.
Together they face over 100 charges of corrupting minors, recklessly endangering and furnishing liquor to minors.
New Year's Eve was Vaughn's 19th birthday.
When police were called by neighbors, they found drunken teens both inside and outside the house. Three girls were passed out.
"Three of those subjects had to be transported out of the house by ambulance and to the hospital," said Ofc. Jones.
Police say Fulton and her son charged $5 a person at the door and $3 for bottomless cups of what they called "Jungle Juice," a fruit punch laced with vodka.
They even had a professional DJ and a photographer. Vaughn says it was a great party.
"I didn't do a lot drinking I was worried more about the money. I made enough to pay for college," he said.
Vaughn is attending Valley Forge Military Academy and Junior College on an athletic scholarship.
His mother had nothing to say when she was taken into custody. Fulton is a former Philadelphia police officer and owns a daycare in Chester.
Her son says she wasn't involved.
"She came there and she didn't want people driving drunk. I was the one who collected all the money," said Vaughn.
Fulton was sent to jail Friday, unable to post 10 percent of $25,000 bail. Vaughn was released on $10,000 unsecured bail.
Police have also cited 50 teenagers for underage drinking.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, alcohol, teens, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 35 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose