2 injured in Southwest Philadelphia apartment fire
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people were injured during an apartment fire in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 6:00 p.m. on the 1000 block of south 52nd Street.
Arriving fire crews were met with flames coming from the two-story building.
The fire was brought under control within minutes.
Two people suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
The fire also left three people displaced. The Red Cross is assisting those reisdents.
Fire officials are still investigating a possible cause.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 4 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos