Woman shot during attempted robbery in Mantua
MANTUA - January 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the gunman who shot a woman during an attempted robbery in the Mantua section.
Police say a man in a burgundy colored vehicle pulled up to a woman as she was walking near the intersection of Poplar Street and North State Street around 1:45 a.m. The suspect demanded her purse.
The 49-year-old woman struggled with the man before he pulled a gun and opened fire striking the victim in the thigh.
The gunman fired two more times before getting into a burgundy vehicle and speeding east on Poplar Street.
The woman was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where she is listed in stable condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
robbery, shooting, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
3 min ago