2 injured when car struck by train in Marcus Hook
MARCUS HOOK, Pa. - January 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people were hospitalized after the car they were in was struck by a train in Marcus Hook, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:00 Saturday evening on the 400 block of Post Road.
Officials say the Conrail freight train struck the car. A man and a woman were trapped inside the vehicle.
Rescue crews were able to extricate both victims and they were taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center for treatment.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, marcus hook, train accident, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 44 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 19 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball