2 injured when car struck by train in Marcus Hook
MARCUS HOOK, Pa. - January 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people were hospitalized after the car they were in was struck by a train in Marcus Hook, Delaware County.
It happened around 7:00 Saturday evening on the 400 block of Post Road.
Officials say the Conrail freight train struck the car. A man and a woman were trapped inside the vehicle.
Rescue crews were able to extricate both victims and they were taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center for treatment.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, marcus hook, train accident, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police