Water main break in West Mount Airy
WEST MT. AIRY - January 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Water Department has been called to a water main break in West Mount Airy.
The break was first reported Saturday night on the 100 block of West Sharpnack Street.
However the main wasn't shut off until Sunday morning.
According to officials, it was a 6-inch water main.
70 properties are without water due to the break.
There are no reports of any property damage at this time.
philadelphia news, west mount airy news, water main break, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 30 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?