Water main break in West Mount Airy
WEST MT. AIRY - January 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Water Department has been called to a water main break in West Mount Airy.
The break was first reported Saturday night on the 100 block of West Sharpnack Street.
However the main wasn't shut off until Sunday morning.
According to officials, it was a 6-inch water main.
70 properties are without water due to the break.
There are no reports of any property damage at this time.
philadelphia news, west mount airy news, water main break, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 32 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 14 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
9 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
32 min ago