Off-duty police officer hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Philadelphia police officer is recovering after a traffic accident in West Philadelphia.
It happened after 2:00 a.m. Monday at the intersection of North 57th Street and Haverford Avenue.
Police say a car collided with the off-duty officer's vehicle, sending both vehicles onto the sidewalk.
The officer was taken to the hospital for treatment of cuts and bruises.
Action News has learned he has since been released.
Police were testing the other driver for DUI and searching for a second person who fled the scene.
There was no immediate word what led to the crash. So far no charges have been filed.
police, accident, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape