Off-duty police officer hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Philadelphia police officer is recovering after a traffic accident in West Philadelphia.
It happened after 2:00 a.m. Monday at the intersection of North 57th Street and Haverford Avenue.
Police say a car collided with the off-duty officer's vehicle, sending both vehicles onto the sidewalk.
The officer was taken to the hospital for treatment of cuts and bruises.
Action News has learned he has since been released.
Police were testing the other driver for DUI and searching for a second person who fled the scene.
There was no immediate word what led to the crash. So far no charges have been filed.
police, accident, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 3 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 30 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 24 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 22 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 42 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
24 min ago