1 killed in fiery crash at I-78 toll booth
WILLIAMS TWP., Pa. - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- At least one person is dead after a fiery crash in Northampton County Monday morning.
The accident happened around 8:00 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-78 at the Pennsylvania state line in Williams Township.
Police say the driver of a car had stopped to pay a toll when a tractor-trailer came through the booth and hit the car, pushing it off to the side.
Both vehicles then caught fire.
Emergency crews say at least one person is dead. But they still can't reach the car, so they're not sure if anyone else was inside.
The driver of the truck was uninjured.
Police closed I-78 on the New Jersey side starting at Exit 3 while conducting their investigation.
northampton county news, pennsylvania news, accident, fire, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 41 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 18 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos