Natural gas odor leads to early dismissal at Philadelphia school
WEST OAK LANE - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- Students at West Oak Lane Charter School were evacuated then sent home early Monday due to an odor of natural gas.
Students and staff were evacuated this morning due to an odor of natural gas.
It was around 9:21 a.m. when the fire department was called out to the school, located in the 7100 block of Stenton Avenue for a fumes response.
The incident was placed under control around 9:44 a.m., however PGW remained on location to assist with air control through the building.
Students were dismissed at 1:00 p.m. as advised by the fire department and PGW, though as of yet their readings have found nothing.
west oak lane news, philadelphia news, gas leak, school, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 51 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 1 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
51 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos