Arrest made in man shot in the head in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say an arrest has been made in the shooting of a man in the head while standing on the street.
It happened about 2:10 p.m. on January 13th on Vandever Avenue and North Claymont Street.
Officers on patrol heard gunshots and found a 25-year-old male lying on the street with gunshot wounds to the head.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital in critical condition.
Police have charged 28-year-old Anmed Ifill of the 2000 block of Washington Street with attempted murder.
Ifill was incarcerated on unrelated charges at the time of his arrest
He is being held on an additional $400,000 cash bail.
It's not clear on why the victim was shot. His name has not been released.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
25 min ago