Arrest made in man shot in the head in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say an arrest has been made in the shooting of a man in the head while standing on the street.
It happened about 2:10 p.m. on January 13th on Vandever Avenue and North Claymont Street.
Officers on patrol heard gunshots and found a 25-year-old male lying on the street with gunshot wounds to the head.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital in critical condition.
Police have charged 28-year-old Anmed Ifill of the 2000 block of Washington Street with attempted murder.
Ifill was incarcerated on unrelated charges at the time of his arrest
He is being held on an additional $400,000 cash bail.
It's not clear on why the victim was shot. His name has not been released.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 6 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 45 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 53 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
6 min ago
- Man mistaken for dead passes away
50 min ago