Fast-moving fire damages Center City apartment building
PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving fire damaged a Center City apartment building early Tuesday morning, officials say.
The blaze broke out just after midnight on the 100 block of North 21st Street.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the building.
The blaze was placed under control within fifteen minutes.
Investigators say the fire started in a dryer in the basement.<p. Several neighboring homes had to be evacuated but all residents were able to get out safely.
fire, center city news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 3 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 10 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos