Fast-moving fire damages Center City apartment building
PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving fire damaged a Center City apartment building early Tuesday morning, officials say.
The blaze broke out just after midnight on the 100 block of North 21st Street.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the building.
The blaze was placed under control within fifteen minutes.
Investigators say the fire started in a dryer in the basement.<p. Several neighboring homes had to be evacuated but all residents were able to get out safely.
fire, center city news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos