Local/State

Fast-moving fire damages Center City apartment building

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A fast-moving fire damaged a Center City apartment building early Tuesday morning, officials say.

The blaze broke out just after midnight on the 100 block of North 21st Street.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the building.

The blaze was placed under control within fifteen minutes.

Investigators say the fire started in a dryer in the basement.

<p. Several neighboring homes had to be evacuated but all residents were able to get out safely.

(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local/State »


Tags:
fire, center city news, philadelphia news, local/state
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement