Tullytown woman pleads guilty over baby in bag
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- A woman who was charged with hiding her baby's body in a trash bag inside her Tullytown, Bucks County home pleaded guilty to the charges against her.
Lorie Bendorovich, 39, will be sentencing in about 60 days and could face more than a year in prison.
Family members discovered the baby's body back on July 15th after noticing a 'smell of decomposition,' investigators said.
An autopsy later determined the baby had been stillborn.
Investigators earlier said Bendorovich claimed not to know she was pregnant until she gave birth, but police dispute that claim.
However, police said they uncovered emails that she allegedly exchanged with the baby's father. They say she told him she had an abortion.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, child death, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 57 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 55 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
55 min ago