Sketch released in unsolved Camden murder
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Investigators in Camden have released a suspect sketch as the search continues for a killer.
The sketch shows a man who is believed to have killed Timothy Appling, 57, during a robbery attempt on Saturday, December 14th.
Investigators say it was around 2:48 a.m. when Appling was stabbed near the intersection of Broadway and Atlantic Avenue.
Appling died from his injuries just over six hours later.
Investigators earlier posted surveillance video from the scene that shows the suspect.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Detective Lance Saunders at (856) 225-8513 or Camden Police Detective Luis Sanchez at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey news, camden news, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 3 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 3 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 8 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 12 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 42 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos