Police: New Castle man abused 79-year-old mom
NEW CASTLE, Del. - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police in New Castle County, Delaware have arrested a man for the alleged abuse of his 79-year-old mother.
Stephen Myers, 39, of the 200 block of Werden Drive in New Castle, was arrested on Monday.
According to investigators, officers were called to the Christiana Medical Center for the reported abuse of an elderly woman.
Police say they learned the victim was unable to care for herself and relied heavily on her son, identified as Myers.
Myers' mother had injuries to her upper body and evidence of being mistreated, police said.
Myers has been charged with intentional abuse, neglect, exploitation or mistreatment of an infirmed adult and assault in the second degree.
He was released on $8,000 unsecured bond and issued a no contact order.
delaware news, new castle county news, elder abuse, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run