Police: Thieves steal $39,000 in Nicetown-Tioga home invasion
NICETOWN-TIOGA - January 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a home invasion in Nicetown-Tioga that saw thieves steal close to $40,000.
It happened just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 1800 block of West Tioga Street.
Police say a woman, who had just received a sizeable monetary settlement, let word slip to others that she had money.
Police say not that long after the conversation, two armed men, at least one wearing a mask, followed her to the home and robbed her.
The thieves reportedly stole approximately $39,000.
The suspects fled on foot west on Tioga Street.
There is no description of the suspects at this time.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia news, nicetown news, tioga news, home invasion, robbery, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom