Robber used Facebook to lure victim to Reading park, police say
READING, Pa. - January 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man is behind bars, accused of ambushing a victim he found on Facebook.
Police say Bryan Williams lured a man to a park in Reading by offering to sell a pair of sneakers through the social media site.
Police say when the buyer showed up last month, Williams was waiting with a gun and robbed the man.
Witnesses called police, and the victim helped detectives track down the suspect.
pennsylvania news, reading news, robbery, luring, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 18 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 46 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 6 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 13 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 19 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos