Trial begins for attempted murder of Del. police officer
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- The trial is underway for the man charged with trying to kill a Wilmington Police Officer.
Frederick Gray is on trial for the attempted murder of Wilmington Police Patrolman Justin Wilkers last year.
Wilkers, a 3-year veteran of the force, was shot in the face in February 2013 after a routine traffic stop in the Southbridge section.
The partner of Officer Wilkers took the stand Wednesday, and a second officer who was at the scene is expected to testify on Thursday.
Frederick Gray is facing charges of attempted murder, but his lawyer says he was misidentified, and someone else was the triggerman.
trial, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos