Trial begins for attempted murder of Del. police officer
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- The trial is underway for the man charged with trying to kill a Wilmington Police Officer.
Frederick Gray is on trial for the attempted murder of Wilmington Police Patrolman Justin Wilkers last year.
Wilkers, a 3-year veteran of the force, was shot in the face in February 2013 after a routine traffic stop in the Southbridge section.
The partner of Officer Wilkers took the stand Wednesday, and a second officer who was at the scene is expected to testify on Thursday.
Frederick Gray is facing charges of attempted murder, but his lawyer says he was misidentified, and someone else was the triggerman.
trial, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids