Trial begins for attempted murder of Del. police officer
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- The trial is underway for the man charged with trying to kill a Wilmington Police Officer.
Frederick Gray is on trial for the attempted murder of Wilmington Police Patrolman Justin Wilkers last year.
Wilkers, a 3-year veteran of the force, was shot in the face in February 2013 after a routine traffic stop in the Southbridge section.
The partner of Officer Wilkers took the stand Wednesday, and a second officer who was at the scene is expected to testify on Thursday.
Frederick Gray is facing charges of attempted murder, but his lawyer says he was misidentified, and someone else was the triggerman.
trial, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1