Attack leaves 60-year-old fighting for life in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - January 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are investigating an assault that left a man fighting for his life.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday along the 800 block of West 8th Street.
Initial reports indicate the victim, believed to be approximately 60 years old, got into an altercation while visiting an acquaintance and was attacked.
The man suffered severe head trauma and was rushed by medics to Christiana Hospital.
At this time, no arrests have been made.
delaware news, wilmington news, assault, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
50 min ago