7-Eleven stores robbed minutes apart in Mount Laurel
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating near-simultaneous robberies at two different 7-Eleven stores in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Both happened around 1:45 a.m. Thursday.
In one case, two armed men dressed in black forced their way into the store in the 1000 block of Route 73 at the Ramblewood Shopping Center and demanded money.
In the other, a lone gunman held up the store in the 3000 block of Marne Highway.
No one was injured in either robbery. It was not immediately clear what was taken from either store.
Police say both incidents were recorded by surveillance cameras.
The robberies come a week after a violent 7-Eleven holdup in Pennsauken, NJ that left a store clerk critically injured.
So far authorities have not linked any of the robberies.
A full investigation is underway.
Anyone with information regarding either of these incidents is asked to contact the Mount Laurel Police Department Criminal Investigations bureau at 856-234- 1414 ext. 1526 or the Confidential Tip Line at 856-234-1414 ext.1599.
new jersey news, robbery, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 48 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 42 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 18 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser