2 arrests in murder of missing Berks County woman
ROBESONIA TWP., Pa. - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities have made two arrests in the murder of a missing Berks County woman whose body was found in Lancaster County.
Adam Lynch, 21, of Reading, and Ryan Schannauer, 19, of Wyomissing, are charged with homicide, arson, abuse of corpse and other offenses in the death of 23-year-old Ashley Kline.
Kline, who, according to her father, had the mental capacity of a 15-year-old due to lead poisoning suffered as a child, went missing after leaving her house in Robesonia the night of December 30th.
Police say she was picked up that night by Lynch and Schannauer, then driven to a remote location in Lancaster County.
There was a struggle, according to police, and Kline was stabbed numerous times.
Investigators say she was then doused with gasoline and set on fire.
Lynch and Schannauer were arrested Wednesday and are being held without bail at the Lancaster County Prison.
body found, berks county news, lancaster county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad