Robbers assault clerk, steal $2k of sunglasses in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for two men caught on camera struggling with a clerk and stealing $2,000 worth of sunglasses from a store in Center City Philadelphia.
It happened at 8:45 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the men were in the Sunglass Hut at 1625 Chestnut Street in the Liberty Place Mall when a clerk asked if they needed assistance.
They said no, then started putting several pairs of sunglasses in a bag.
When the clerk tried to grab the bag from them, surveillance video shows the men pushing her away and fleeing.
Investigators say they made off with four pairs of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses and four pairs of Prada sunglasses totaling $2,000.
The suspects are both described as black men in their late 40s wearing dark-colored knit hats and dark clothing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
17 min ago