Robbers assault clerk, steal $2k of sunglasses in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for two men caught on camera struggling with a clerk and stealing $2,000 worth of sunglasses from a store in Center City Philadelphia.
It happened at 8:45 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the men were in the Sunglass Hut at 1625 Chestnut Street in the Liberty Place Mall when a clerk asked if they needed assistance.
They said no, then started putting several pairs of sunglasses in a bag.
When the clerk tried to grab the bag from them, surveillance video shows the men pushing her away and fleeing.
Investigators say they made off with four pairs of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses and four pairs of Prada sunglasses totaling $2,000.
The suspects are both described as black men in their late 40s wearing dark-colored knit hats and dark clothing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 50 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 18 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape