Gas main break forces evacuations in Kensington
KENSINGTON - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- A large gas main break is forcing an evacuation in parts of the city's Kensington section.
The incident was reported in the 2900 block of E street.
A break in a six inch gas main forced the evacuation of 10 properties on the block, affecting a total of 29 people.
PGW officials say a portion of the street collapsed, causing the break to occur.
The Fire Department says the leak has been located and capped.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
kensington news, philadelphia news, gas leak, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man