Gas main break forces evacuations in Kensington
KENSINGTON - January 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- A large gas main break is forcing an evacuation in parts of the city's Kensington section.
The incident was reported in the 2900 block of E street.
A break in a six inch gas main forced the evacuation of 10 properties on the block, affecting a total of 29 people.
PGW officials say a portion of the street collapsed, causing the break to occur.
The Fire Department says the leak has been located and capped.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
kensington news, philadelphia news, gas leak, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 35 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos