Truck, minivan collide on I-95 in Yardley, Pa.
YARDLEY, Pa. - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a tractor-trailer and a minivan collided along Interstate-95 in Yardley, Pennsylvania late Thursday night.
The crash happened around 11:30 p.m. on the northbound lanes of I-95.
According to police, a tractor-trailer was traveling northbound on I-95 when the driver, 42-year-old Bryant Miller of Baltimore, fell asleep, causing the truck drift onto the shoulder of roadway, blocking the right hand, northbound lane.
A short time later the minivan was traveling north on I-95, approaching the truck.
The driver of minivan, 57-year-old Shaikh Riaz of Passiac, New Jersey, could not see the truck since no hazard lights or traffic controls were being used, and the van then slammed into the rig.
The front seat passenger in the minivan sustained moderate injuries and was transported to St. Mary's Medical Center for treatment.
All lanes of I-95 North between Exit 49 and 51 were closed for approximately two hours following the incident.
accident, bucks county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 41 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 8 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!