Truck, minivan collide on I-95 in Yardley, Pa.
YARDLEY, Pa. - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a tractor-trailer and a minivan collided along Interstate-95 in Yardley, Pennsylvania late Thursday night.
The crash happened around 11:30 p.m. on the northbound lanes of I-95.
According to police, a tractor-trailer was traveling northbound on I-95 when the driver, 42-year-old Bryant Miller of Baltimore, fell asleep, causing the truck drift onto the shoulder of roadway, blocking the right hand, northbound lane.
A short time later the minivan was traveling north on I-95, approaching the truck.
The driver of minivan, 57-year-old Shaikh Riaz of Passiac, New Jersey, could not see the truck since no hazard lights or traffic controls were being used, and the van then slammed into the rig.
The front seat passenger in the minivan sustained moderate injuries and was transported to St. Mary's Medical Center for treatment.
All lanes of I-95 North between Exit 49 and 51 were closed for approximately two hours following the incident.
accident, bucks county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police