5 Philadelphia officers taken off street duty
PHILADELPHIA - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey has confirmed five Philadelphia narcotics officers have been removed from the streets.
Ramsey says the officers have been stripped of their guns and badges but have not been suspended.
Authorities are not elaborating on what why officers were removed from the streets. However, we are told it is part of a joint investigation with the FBI and Internal Affairs.
A grand jury is looking into the case.
philadelphia news, philadelphia police, charles ramsey, police, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
9 min ago