Delaware principal, assistant principal placed on leave
OCEAN VIEW, Del. (AP) - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- The Indian River School District has placed Lord Baltimore Elementary School's principal and assistant principal on leave.
Officials said Thursday that Principal John Turssline and Assistant Principal Melissa Oates were placed on administrative leave, but declined to say why because it is considered a personnel issue.
District spokesman David Maull says the pair will be on leave pending further action by the Board of Education, which meets next week.
Superintendent Susan Bunting says the changes aren't because of criminal activity or issues involving children's safety or welfare.
Former Indian River assistant superintendent Gary Brittingham will serve as acting principal and Ann Marie Logullo, currently assistant principal at Southern Delaware School of the Arts, will serve as acting assistant principal.
Officials say they plan to hire a replacement principal soon.
school, delaware news, local/state
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 25 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 12 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
25 min ago