Mother, son arrested for embezzlement in New Jersey
EVESHAM, N.J. - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Evesham Police have arrested a mother and son who embezzled almost a half a million dollars from a printing company.
59-year-old BettyAnn Peard and her 29-year-old son Steven Peard were arrested Thursday after a month long investigation by the Evesham Police and Burlington County Prosecutors Office.
The investigation determined that Steven Peard issued himself over hundred fraudulent checks and his mother altered the accounting registry in an effort to conceal the thefts.
The pair is accused of stealing over $480,000.00 during a 10 month period.
BettyAnn Peard has been charged with 2nd degree theft. She was released after posting $50,000 bail.
Steven Peard has been charged with 2nd degree theft along with forgery charges. He remains in the Burlington County Jail on $75,000.00 full bail.
theft, fraud, new jersey news, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 10 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos