Mother, son arrested for embezzlement in New Jersey
EVESHAM, N.J. - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Evesham Police have arrested a mother and son who embezzled almost a half a million dollars from a printing company.
59-year-old BettyAnn Peard and her 29-year-old son Steven Peard were arrested Thursday after a month long investigation by the Evesham Police and Burlington County Prosecutors Office.
The investigation determined that Steven Peard issued himself over hundred fraudulent checks and his mother altered the accounting registry in an effort to conceal the thefts.
The pair is accused of stealing over $480,000.00 during a 10 month period.
BettyAnn Peard has been charged with 2nd degree theft. She was released after posting $50,000 bail.
Steven Peard has been charged with 2nd degree theft along with forgery charges. He remains in the Burlington County Jail on $75,000.00 full bail.
theft, fraud, new jersey news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run