Suspect armed with knife robs Center City bank
CENTER CITY - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for the armed suspect who robbed a bank in Center City.
It happened around 7:30 Friday morning at the Republic Bank branch on the 1800 block of Market Street.
Police say the suspect walked into the bank, brandished a knife and demanded money. After getting an undisclosed amount of cash, he fled.
No one was injured during the incident.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 50s, approximately 6 feet tall with a stocky build. He was last seen wearing a tan jacket, black knit cap, and eyeglasses.
Police consider him to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
Authorities say there may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture.
philadelphia news, center city news, bank robbery, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
42 min ago