Suspect armed with knife robs Center City bank
CENTER CITY - January 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for the armed suspect who robbed a bank in Center City.
It happened around 7:30 Friday morning at the Republic Bank branch on the 1800 block of Market Street.
Police say the suspect walked into the bank, brandished a knife and demanded money. After getting an undisclosed amount of cash, he fled.
No one was injured during the incident.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 50s, approximately 6 feet tall with a stocky build. He was last seen wearing a tan jacket, black knit cap, and eyeglasses.
Police consider him to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
Authorities say there may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture.
philadelphia news, center city news, bank robbery, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 50 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 7 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 41 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 53 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
16 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
50 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
41 min ago