Officer injured during suspect arrest in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - January 18, 2014 (WPVI) -- A police officer in Delaware suffered injuries while arresting a robbery suspect in Wilmington.
It happened Saturday afternoon near the 700 block of West Street.
Police say 47-year-old Darrell Maxion attacked the arresting officer.
Back-up quickly arrived on the scene and Maxion was subdued. The officer's injuries were non-life threatening.
The suspect will now be charged with robbery and resisting arrest with force.
delaware news, wilmington news, police, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases