Man shot outside of bar in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - January 18, 2014 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and a man was shot in the chest while sitting in a car in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 8:30 Saturday night outside of the Bala Inn on the 5000 block of City Avenue.
Police say a man in his 40s was shot once in the chest.
The victim was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. No word on his condition.
Police continue to investigate.
philadelphia news, wynnefield news, shooting, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures