Woman struck by hit-and-run driver in Bristol Borough
BRISTOL BOROUGH, Pa. - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who struck and wounded a woman in Bucks County.
It happened at 3:30 a.m. Monday on Route 13 at 6th Avenue in Bristol Borough.
Police say the victim, a woman in her 40s, was walking from a 24-hour gas station when a car hit her and kept going.
The woman was taken to an area hospital with head injuries.
Investigators were hoping to release a description of the striking vehicle later Monday or Tuesday.
Northbound Route 13 was shut down between 5th and 6th Avenues as police investigated.
pennsylvania news, accident, hit and run, bucks county news, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 56 min ago