Man walking near New Jersey intersection killed by car
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a car approaching an intersection in southern New Jersey has struck and killed a man who was walking in the roadway.
Galloway Township police say the crash happened at around 1:30 a.m. Monday.
They say an initial investigation shows a 52-year-old woman from Little Egg Harbor was driving northbound on Route 9 when she struck 61-year-old Galloway resident William A. Williams at the corner of Lilly Lake Road.
Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the accident is still under investigation. No charges have been filed.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 54 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
18 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
45 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
54 min ago