2 officers, 2 civilians injured in Overbrook crash
OVERBROOK - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers and two civilians were hospitalized after an accident in the Overbrook section of the city.
The two 19 district officers were transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where they were expected to be treated and released.
The two civilians were taken to Lankenau Medical Center for treatment.
The accident involving a police cruiser and another vehicle occurred shortly before 9:00 p.m. Monday in the southbound lanes of City and Lancaster avenues.
Initial reports say the police cruiser turned onto City Avenue and, for reasons yet to be determined, left the roadway. The cruiser then struck a tree, bounced back into traffic, and collided with the other vehicle.
Police are trying to confirm if the cruiser was actually struck first by another vehicle that did not stop.
City Avenue was closed in both directions following the crash.
philadelphia news, accident, police, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos