2 officers, 2 civilians injured in Overbrook crash
OVERBROOK - January 20, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers and two civilians were hospitalized after an accident in the Overbrook section of the city.
The two 19 district officers were transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where they were expected to be treated and released.
The two civilians were taken to Lankenau Medical Center for treatment.
The accident involving a police cruiser and another vehicle occurred shortly before 9:00 p.m. Monday in the southbound lanes of City and Lancaster avenues.
Initial reports say the police cruiser turned onto City Avenue and, for reasons yet to be determined, left the roadway. The cruiser then struck a tree, bounced back into traffic, and collided with the other vehicle.
Police are trying to confirm if the cruiser was actually struck first by another vehicle that did not stop.
City Avenue was closed in both directions following the crash.
philadelphia news, accident, police, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 43 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 7 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
7 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos