Philadelphia public, Archdiocesan schools back open on Thursday
PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- All School District of Philadelphia and Archdiocesan schools will be open on Thursday, after being closed due to the snowstorm.
The school district's announcement came on its Twitter account Wednesday evening. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia also made its announcement Wednesday.
The district said you can visit its website at www.philasd.org for any updates.
Updated information will also be posted on the District's Information Hotline at 215-400-INFO (4636).
Philadelphia public and Archdiocesan schools were closed on Wednesday after the heavy snowfall hit the area Tuesday.
philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 13 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 12 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 54 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases